The intensely rich and smoked salmon flavor is highlighted by the smooth garlic cream and the capers in this flavorful yet simple appetizer.
- This Recipe Makes: 16-20 crostinis
- Preparation and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Suggested Pairing: Bold Rosé or sparkling wine
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
8 oz Sliced Nova Salmon Lox
(Superior Foods Featured Item: #68448 – Ducktrap)
2 cups Garlic Cream Spread
(Superior Foods Featured Item: #92613 – Superior Select Deli)
1 Baguette French Bread
(Superior Foods Featured Item: #98161 – Boulart)
8 oz Capers
1 – 1 1/2 cups Peppadews, Chopped
Green Onion, Finely Chopped
HERE’S HOW YOU DO IT:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the baguette into 1/4 – 1/2 inch slices (approx. 16-20). Arrange on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes (or when both sides are toasted), flipping half way through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Spread around 1 oz of the garlic cream spread on each crostini.
- Cut each lox slice in half and then roll each cut into cylinder type shape and place one on top of the garlic cream on each crostini.
- Mix the capers and peppadews together. Use a small amount of the liquid from the peppadews to create the relish. Add a tablespoon of the relish to each crostini.