Fennel-Crusted Yellowfin Tuna
This Recipe Makes: 4 Servings
Preparation & Cook Time: 15 minutes prep; 20 minutes cooking
Suggested Pairing: Citrusy Sauvignon Blanc
Here’s What You Will Need:
4 – 6 oz. Yellowfin Tuna Steaks (Superior Foods Featured Item: #78011)
2 tsp Whole Fennel Seeds (Superior Foods Featured Item: #49105 – Restaurant’s Pride)
3 tsp Sumac
1 Lime, finely grated rind
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Superior Foods Featured Item: #42402 – Soul of Creta)
1 Lime Wedge for garnish
Here’s How You Do It:
- Combine the fennel, sumac, lime rind, salt and pepper.
- Coat the tuna steaks on all sides with the mixture.
- Heat a large frying pan with the extra virgin olive oil on medium heat (3-4 minutes).
- Place the tuna steaks in the pan and sear on all sides (approximately 1 minute per side).
- Remove from the pan and pat dry with a paper towel. Let stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve by slice steaks on a bias to make 1/2″ slices.
Charred eggplant salad (pictured) or succotash