Fennel Crusted Yellowfin Tuna
- 4 Servings
- 15 minutes prep; 20 minutes cooking
- Suggested Pairing: Citrusy Sauvignon Blanc
- 4 – 6 oz. Yellowfin Tuna Steaks (Superior Foods Featured Item: #78011)
- 2 tsp fennel seeds (Superior Foods Featured Item: #49105 – Restaurant’s Pride)
- 3 tsp Sumac
- 1 Lime, finely grated rind
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Superior Foods Featured Item: #42402 – Soul of Creta)
- 1 Lime Wedge for garnish
- Combine the fennel, sumac, lime rind, salt and pepper.
- Coat the tuna steaks on all sides with the mixture.
- Heat a large frying pan with the extra virgin olive oil on medium heat (3-4 minutes).
- Place the tuna steaks in the pan and sear on all sides (approximately 1 minute per side).
- Remove from the pan and pat dry with a paper towel. Let stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve by slice steaks on a bias to make 1/2″ slices.
Charred eggplant salad (pictured) or succotash