- Recipe Makes: 2 generous servings
- Approximate Prep and Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- Suggested Pairing: A buttery Chardonnay
- 5 strips bacon, uncooked, chopped
- 1 lb scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp wine or use lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter, softened but not melted
- 2 tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
- Cook chopped bacon in a skillet until cooked.
- Dry scallops with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet until very hot, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and immediately add scallops. Sear on high heat, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from the skillet.
- Add 3 tbsp lemon juice (and maybe 2 more tbsp white wine). Scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat, add softened butter (but not melted)–to create a creamy sauce. Add chopped bacon. Add back seared scallops. Top with chopped parsley.