- Recipe Makes: 2 servings
- Approximate Prep and Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 package Superior Salmon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (9 oz) package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups of half-and-half
- 6 thick-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Sprinkle salmon with kosher salt and pepper; place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Flake fish into 1/2 inch pieces; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and celery, and saute 5 minutes or until tender. Add flour; stir until mixture is smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in 1/2 tsp salt.
- Add potato, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir in corn and half-and-half. Cook 6 minutes or until heated. Add cooked salmon, stirring gently to combine. Spoon into individual bowls; top with crumbled bacon.