- Recipe Makes: 2 servings
- Approximate Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Suggested Pairing: An oaky Chardonnay is a perfect match.
- 1 package Superior Salmon
- 2 tbsp prepared steak sauce
- 4 sliced hard smoked thick-cut bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 avocado peeled and core removed
- 1 tbsp capers
- 4 slices vine-ripened tomato
- 4 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 2 deli style sub buns
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Remove salmon from package and pat dry.
- Place salmon on a greased baking sheet and coat evenly with the steak sauce.
- Bake until salmon is cooked through and starts to flake approximately.
- While salmon is cooking mash the fresh avocado in a bowl and combine with the capers and mayo.
- Spread the mayo on bottom halves of sub buns.
- Add cooked salmon to buns and top with remaining ingredients.
Got leftovers? Try blending your extra fresh avocado with chickpeas and olive oil in a blender for a healthy and hearty spread for toast.