- Recipe Makes: 2 generous servings
- Approximate Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Suggested Pairing: This dish screams for your favorite cold craft beer
- 1 package Superior Cod
- 1 quart of fryer shortening
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of finely crushed pretzels (this is best achieved by grinding in a blender until a fine meal)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayo
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat shortening in deep fat fryer to 350°F.
- Remove cod from package, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs and place in a medium-sized shallow bowl.
- Add flour and pretzels to their own medium-sized shallow bowl also.
- Once the oil is heated, dredge fish in flour and shake off access.
- Coat evenly in the eggs and then press pretzel coating into fish evenly.
- Once the oil is up to temp place carefully in the fryer and cooks until fish floats and flakes easily (approximately 8-10 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, mix together mustard, mayo, and lemon juice.
- Remove cooked fish from the fryer, drain off excess oil and serve with the “mustard-naise”.
Got leftovers? If you like chocolate covered strawberries, try rolling a fresh dipped berry into crushed pretzels for a great salty finish.