- Recipe Makes: 2 generous servings
- Approximate Prep and Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 package Superior Walleye
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced red peppers
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix the cornmeal and flour together with Old Bay seasoning.
- Remove walleye from package, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the fish in the seasoned flour and shake off the excess.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and drizzle the top with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, bake for approximately 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes.
- While fish is baking add remaining ingredients in a small saute pan and cook for 2-3 minutes of medium-high heat.
- Pesto mixture can be served hot or cold and enjoyed with the cooked fish.
Got leftovers? Put your extra chickpeas, peppers and pesto in a blender with a little lemon juice and olive oil and make a tasty homemade hummus!