- Recipe Makes: 2 generous servings
- Approximate Prep and Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- Suggested Pairing: A crisp cider
- 1 package Superior Ocean Perch
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup thinly sliced Barlet Pear, core and seeds removed
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 white wine
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- Heat a medium sized fry pan/skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove perch from package, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the fish in the flour and shake off excess.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and carefully add the fish letting it fall away from you.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, when fish starts to brown, flip it and add the pear, garlic and shallot.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until pear starts to soften.
- Then add wine and lemon juice, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
- Once fish is cooked through and begins to easily flake, add the butter and fresh dill.
- Place the fish on a serving platter and carefully swirl the pan to incorporate the butter.
- Pour sauce over the fish and serve.
Got leftovers? Pear makes a great addition to any coleslaw.