- Recipe Makes: 2 generous servings
- Approximate Prep and Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- Suggested Pairing: A smooth Malbec
- 1 package Superior Ocean Perch
- 1-14 oz. fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup diced fresh bell peppers
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the ocean perch into 2 inch chunks.
- Heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet and add the shallot, garlic and peppers.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once mixture starts to brown add the remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium and cover.
- Let mixture simmer and cook until fish is cooked through and the vegetables have softened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and pour into serving bowls, serve with warm crusty bread.
Got leftovers? Fire roasted tomatoes take your basic chili up a notch.