- 5 tbsp butter, divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of grated or ground nutmeg
- 1 lb sea or bay scallops, drained
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- Hot cooked pasta
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet. Stir wine and next 5 ingredients. Add scallops, turning to coat. Remove from heat.
- Melt remaining 1 tbsp butter in a small bowl in the microwave, and stir in panko and nuts. Sprinkle mixture over scallops. Bake at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve with hot cooked pasta. Garnish, if desired.