Grilled Hanger Steak
This Recipe Makes: 4 Servings
Preparation & Cook Time: 1 hour prep (1 hour for marinating)
Suggested Pairing: Full Bodied Red Wine
Here’s What You Will Need:
4 Hanger Steaks (Superior Foods Featured Item: #88024 – River City Meats)
Ground Black Pepper
3/4 cup Artichoke Quarters tossed in 2 tbsp olive oil (Superior Foods Featured Item: #3322 – Del Destino)
1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
Parmigiano Reggiano, shaved
Balsamic Roasted Grape Demi:
1 cup Veal Demi Glace (Superior Foods Featured Item: #91668 – Bonewerks Culinarte)
1/2 cup plus 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar, divided
1/2 cup dry Red Wine
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 cup seedless Red Grapes
1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 tsp chopped fresh Thyme
Here’s How You Do It:
- Salt and pepper steaks liberally on all sides and allow to come to room temp for 1-2 hrs.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 425°F. Toss grapes with 1 t balsamic and olive oil and place on parchment covered sheet tray. Roast for 17-20 min.
- Once grapes are done transfer them to small bowl. Swap in new parchment and roast artichokes for 20 min. until flat side down is nice and crispy. Remove and rest on paper towel covered plate.
- In a medium shallow pan combine remaining balsamic, red wine, and roasted grapes. Reduce by ¾ over medium-high heat. Add demi-glace and simmer for 10 min. Remove from heat, strain out grapes, and stir in butter and thyme.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill hanger steaks until thermometer reads 135°F in center, remove from heat, and rest tented with tin foil for 10 min.
- Slice hangers against the grain and serve topped with demi-glace, crispy artichokes, walnuts, parmesan, and parsley.