- Recipe Makes: 2 generous servings
- Approximate Prep and Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- Suggested Pairing: This dish screams for your favorite cold craft brew!
- 1 package of Superior Whitefish
- 1 quart of fryer shortening
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayo
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat shortening in the deep fat fryer to 350°F.
- Remove whitefish from package, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs and place in a medium-sized shallow bowl.
- Add flour and cornflakes to their own medium-sized shallow bowl.
- Once the oil is heated, dredge fish in flour and shake off access.
- Coat evenly in the eggs then press in corn flakes evenly over the entire fish.
- Once the oil is up to temperature place carefully in the fryer and cooks until fish floats and flakes easily (approximately 8-10 minutes).
- While fish is cooking, mix together mustard, mayo, and lemon juice.
- Remove cooked fish from the fryer, drain off excess oil and serve with the “mustard-naise”.
Got leftovers? Try mixing a little dijon mustard in with ranch for a nice salad dressing