Their distinctive look comes from their flat bill that resembles a long blade. This exquisite looking fish will grow on average of about 10 ft. and 1,000 lbs. They are hunters of a variety of fish including mackerel, rockfish, and herring.
Swordfish is a non-schooling fish that roams temperate and tropical seas worldwide and is fished in more than 30 nations.
Thanks to efforts from the ICCAT (International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas), Swordfish stock numbers have been rebuilt through sustainable harvesting in the Atlantic Ocean. Environmental friendly longlines are used which reduces the interaction with other aquatic wildlife like turtles when fishing swordfish.
- Good source of Omega-3 source
- Vitamins including B12, Zinc, and Niacin
- Excellent source of selenium (antioxidant for heart and immune health)
Texture & Flavor Profile:
- The flesh should be firm with no ragged edges
- Moist with a slightly sweet taste
- Moderately high oil content resulting in a firm, meaty texture
Recommended Cooking Methods:
Grilling, Baking, Pan-searing, Broiling