- Recipe Makes: 6 servings
- Approximate Cook and Prep Time: 25-35 minutes
- 1 package of River City Meats Bacon Cheddar Burgers
- 1 bottle of smokey BBQ sauce of your choice
- 1 jar of fire roasted poblano peppers
- 1 dollop of balsamic mayo
- 1 cup of cooked chorizo sausage, crumbled
- 6 buns of your choice (we love using fresh grilled brioche bun, a salted soft pretzel bun, or a savory cornbread muffin)
- Any additional toppings of your choice
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- When the pan is hot, carefully place the patties in the skillet (no need to grease skillet) leaving some space between each patty.
- Cook the burgers until they are nicely seared and they have browned halfway up the sides.
- Flip the burgers and cook to your liking (Note: USDA recommends cooking to an internal temperature of 160°F).
- If adding cheese, remove the pan from the heat and place the cheese on top of the burgers. Cover skillet and allow the residual heat/steam to melt the cheese.
- Remove burgers from heat and place on platter, or directly on your buns of choice.
- Top patties with fire roasted poblano peppers (you may lightly sauté peppers in 1 tbsp of olive oil on low/medium heat to warm them up, if you prefer).
- Finish off with 1 dollop of balsamic mayo.
- Salt and vinegar French fries
- Chipotle dusted sweet potato fries
- Southwestern pasta salad
Got leftovers? Chunk up left over patties. Reheat in microwave or in skillet on stove. Add to a bed or romaine or iceberg lettuce with shredded pepperjack cheese, red onions (raw or pickled), cornbread croutons, and ranch dressing. Top with crispy fried onion salad toppers and enjoy!