Plant Maintenance Assistant
To assist in the smooth running of the warehouse operation ensuring that business needs are met daily by providing effective mechanical/electrical maintenance support. The functions of this role are to be responsible for the overall maintenance of all plant equipment and the facility.
- To carry out all physical and visual checks on site machinery as required.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Strong interest in all aspects of electrical, electrical controls, plumbing, machine repair and preventative maintenance of variety of equipment and systems.
- Driving of forklift truck equipment as required.
- Clean equipment.
- Ongoing building maintenance.
- Operate a variety of maintenance equipment in a safe effective manner.
- Diagnose and update malfunctioning equipment.
- Participate in special projects that are assigned.
- Plant equipment, machinery, and related facilities.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, and general repair skills.
- Operational characteristics of maintenance equipment and tools.
- Mathematical background.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications.
- Plant shipping and receiving procedures.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Work performed in an office and processing room settings.
- Exposure to plant environment such as noise, odors, freezing and cold temperatures.
- Occasionally required to lift or move up to 75lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities
- High School or GED.
- Journeyman or Accredited Certification in Machine Repair preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Machine repair.
Equal Employment Policy
Superior Foods Company hiring, and employment practices are based on job qualifications, performance, and/or conduct without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Hourly rate, starting at $18-$20, based on experience.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance